Thursday, February 24, 2011

Curry? Yes. Tomatoes? You bet!


Do you like Curry? If yes, read on.


This delish dish is the perfect comfort food. It's quick, easy and goes amazing with anything you put under it......




Curry Chicken a' la Sour Cream  (adapted from BC)
1 lb of Chicken Breast (about 2 fillets)
2 Tbsp Oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 onion (sliced or diced)
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2-4 Tbsp curry (varied on your preference)
1/4 cup 3% milk
1/2 cup Sour Cream
dash salt and pepper

1. Cut chicken into slices
2. Sautee in 2 Tbsp Oil, then add onions and garlic.
3. 1 minute after adding onions, add the water. Sautee for 3 mins or until cooked.
3. Once chicken is cooked through (check a thicker piece, by cutting in half), add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Add in cumin, ginger, and curry. Stir around, then add in sour cream and milk and then take off the heat (or it may curdle).
5. Serve over a bed of brown rice

~TIP~
Find rice boring? Try this! I never make my rice without adding these flavours.
I have "perfected" the taste I like over a couple of years, and now I think it's the best rice ever (in my, tiny opinion at least).

To your rice, add:
(based on 1 cup of brown rice)
~1 clove of garlic
~1 tsp italian seasoning (ClubHouse brand)
~2 tsp chicken boullion (I buy the liquid, but can use the powdered XOXO)


 Now onto tomatoes!!!
I always think, "tomatoes are so healthy, but...so boring!"
Our new international student ONLY likes tomatoes, so I decided I had 
better get creative with 
her only favourite veg
  (or fruit, you crazy ones :)



Fast Tomato and Cilantro Salad
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 tsp fresh minced cilantro (fresh is the ONLY way!)
4 Tbsp (approx) feta, diced
dash salt and pepper


Healthy, right? 
Simple, right?
Delicious, right?

Enjoy, alright!

5 comments:

Nat said...

Looks yummy as usual! Now when you say add a 1/4 cup of curry - do you mean powder or a pre-mixed sauce?

Sarah Luney said...

Deeeelish Chels!

I made the curry and it was oh-so-good!

I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes so I just substituted cucumber in instead and tossed with the other ingredients you recommended. Super fresh, super good!

You are lightyears ahead of me with your baking talents. Once I get my new oven (my current one is waayyyy off in temp.) I am going to attempt some of your baking recipes!

Dustin and Chelsey said...

Hey Nat. I"m sorry I messed up the quantity of the curry. It's s2-4 Tbsp depending on your taste (otherwise it's too thick). And I mean the powder.

Dustin and Chelsey said...

And Sarah...
Thank you girl! I'm glad you liked it. And great substitution for the tomatoes. That's what I hope everyone does, sub a veg you don't like, for one you do! That makes you very smart, just in case you EVER doubt yourself :)
Do you have your oven yet??

Lacey said...

Chels I made the curry tonight for dinner, and just wanted to let you know that it turned out great! It was delicious! I will definately make it again very soon!